Saturday, May 23, 2009

Discovery

Knitting for babies takes a lot less yarn, lol! I wanted something lightweight this time around, for the hot Texas summers, so a little wrap in 100% organic undyed cotton from Knit Picks fit the bill perfectly. It comes in four natural colors, Toffee, Ginger, Malted Milk, and Marshmallow, and I used all of them, with Toffee being the main color.

Newborn (0-3 months) size, sport weight yarn, pattern by The Fiber Gypsy called Quickie (5-hour) Baby Sweater.
There's a thread on Ravelry about the wrong side of stranded projects and how they are a thing of beauty unto themselves. Here's the inside of the other baby sweater:


Pretty nifty, if I say so myself.

Spooky, Owner of all humans in her house, was singularly unimpressed with my efforts, however.




She was very toasty to the touch.

No comments: