Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Knight in Shining Armor

It's icy roads, freezing rain, and nasty weather here in Oklahoma, very treacherous. I rode the bus to work as normal yesterday, when around 2:00 p.m. the ice began to move into town. All but three of us bailed during the day, to beat the ice home. Me? I had to wait for the bus to come at 5:00 p.m. Hubby called to make sure the busses were still running (they were) and to make sure I thought I would catch it (I did). I texted him when I was safely ensconced on the bus for the ride home.

Then, a text comes through. "Defrosting the van. Brrrrrr." I let out a Wow! and said: "He's defrosting my van for me -- I love that man!!!" My busmates were impressed indeed. When the bus reached the park-n-ride lot, there he was in his car, waiting for me, with my van all nicely defrosted and toasty warm inside.

Yep, he's a keeper.

No comments: