Monday, January 12, 2009

Projects....

I'm beginning to stack up my WIPs again. But it doesn't bother me that much - I like having a choice of knitting.

I have the much neglected Wings of a Dream stole for my daughter to complete - yes, it will get done, sweetie, sometime before you graduate high school, a pair of bus socks and one in the wings to cast on as soon as the other is finished, a shrug gone horribly horribly wrong (and no photographic evidence to ever be held over my head) which is now being tinked into a cabled shrug, Grey Tabby socks for my FIL, and I just ordered the yarn for a "thank you" scarf for my son's girlfriend's mother. Need to pick a pattern for it still, and I'm thinking it will be an Anne Hanson.


This is the new cable shrug being worked right off the disaster:

This is a very good rendition of the actual color. It's KnitPicks Andean Silk in the Kenai colorway. 55% superfine alpaca, 23% silk, 22% merino wool: so soft, luscious, and with a fuzzy halo effect that is to die for. Here's an up close of the partially finished cable repeat:



Color not right at all! This is the cable from Knitty's Samus cardigan. I'm also using the construction idea behind InnerChild Crochet's shrug called Gratuitous Cables for the shape.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love cables! Looking good so far.