Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow snow snow......

So ready for Spring! I am not a fan of cold weather in the first place, and after having been snowbound in my house for the last week, I'm really disliking this season called winter. Blech. I am fortunate enough to be allowed to work from home when situations like this occur, so that was wonderful that I didn't have to take vacation or sick days to cover the time.

Knitting took place in the evenings, and some pretty good progress was made. No.1 sock of Bus Socks IX is done:


Three Irish Girls specialty trunk sale yarn: Westerly SeaSock in Koi Pond, 70% merino, 30% seacell, which is a natural seaweed fiber.

It took me a bit to find the right color for this pair of socks, but I did. They will go to my daughter's boyfriend's mom:


KnitPicks Canopy Stroll Tonal fingering weight, 75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon. I'm using Cookie A's pattern Hedera. The yarn isn't billed as self-striping, but it's kinda turning out that way. Sweet!

No comments: