Sunday, March 27, 2011

We're doing it again.....

....renovating, that is. This time it's the staircase. When we completely renovated the downstairs about four years ago, we didn't have enough time, money, and to be honest, umph left to tackle the staircase. Well, now is the time. Here is our progress so far.



This is what we'll be covering the existing stairtread with.

Old piece of stairtread carpet. Yuck, the dust/dirt under it!!!

Carpet all gone!

Removing the railing.



I think Richard is trying to kill us all with the primer he's using - it's oil based to cover up the stained rough cedar wood, and it stinks. Yea verily does it pong!

There is a bit of knitting to show you:

KnitPicks Stroll Tonal Fingering in Blue Yonder. I loved the Hedera pattern by Cookie A that I'm using it again. This is very unusual for me, as once a pattern is knit it rarely gets re-used. I like to move on to new patterns and new adventures. Hedera, however, has an allure and appeal for me that I couldn't just put it away yet.

No comments: