Sunday, May 1, 2011

Classic Lines Cardigan, part deux - On Hold

And why, after I went to all the trouble to hand wind those balls of wool? I started thinking (always dangerous) that since we're heading to the UK in September and our UK grandnephew will be turning two in October, that perhaps I should go stash diving and see what I could rustle up to knit as a birthday pressie.

I found five skeins of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Bulky in Wine, and cast on immediately for the Presto Chango in size two. Then came a call from my SIL in England, and she had good news: the grandnephew will be getting a sibling this October!! So now I get to knit a newborn outfit as well!!!! We don't know what the baby will be, other than human, so I will again go stash diving but for neutral colors. I'm very excited!

There has been a great deal of progress made on the staircase this weekend. Check out the marvelous work my Hubby has done:

The lone soldier, standing tall and proud.

Setting the twine plumb line and marking it every 6 inches.

The next four in place...

Halfway there!

Done - now on to the handrail. :)

No comments: