Friday, May 24, 2013

Thoughts

TL:DR.  Also a possibility of TMI.  To get this clear, usually I am 9 times out of 10 quite content with the way I look and my clothes and all.  I feel confident that I won't make a cat laugh when it looks at me, and I like myself a lot.  It took me years to get to this point in my life, and I'm glad I finally made it.

However, tonight I stopped off at Target and tried on some dresses.  While in the changing room there were mirrors both front and back, so yeah, I got an eyeful indeed.  Not so pleased with what I saw from the rear. Felt a wave of revulsion and shame.  Why?  What my thighs look like has absolutely NOTHING to do with what kind of person I am, my sense of humor, my honor/integrity/compassion, my likes/dislikes and well, anything at all about me.  I really am quite healthy and I feel great.

I struggled for a bit more, then built a bridge and got over it.  I am NOT defined by my shape or looks.  I am defined by my spirit.  I have begun this week to walk the stairs as much as possible throughout the workday and I know that this will assist in keeping me healthy.  Healthy, happy, enjoying life, and wishing the same for all the women I know.

just some ramblings, as I said, TL:DR.

No comments: