Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blooms

I thought I had killed the hibiscus last year when I put it back outside too soon, and that last frost nipped it. It didn't bloom at all during the spring/summer, but at least it didn't die. This time I was very careful not to put it on the deck until the last freeze threat had passed, and look!


Do you see the little friend peeking over the top leaf? I didn't until I downloaded the pictures, and there he was! (Actually, as cute as he is, in all his buggy-eyed wonder, he's probably the one responsible for the little nibbles taken out of that petal.)


I also have the first canna bud to show off:





As for knitting, I apologize in advance for the slightly blurry picture of the first River Rapid sock. Sock numero dos is cast on and into the second repeat on the leg portion.


No comments: