Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The deed is done

Some people like blocking. Some people are good at it. Some find it relaxing, liberating, even, to take a tangled mass of lace, wet it down, and then stretch it out into the shape you desire, not it, while pinning it into submission. Some are geniuses at it, like Anne Hanson. She is amazing.

I, however, am not one of those people. I do not enjoy blocking a mass of wet lace. Okay, I do like it when it's done, true. But I do not enjoy the doing. le sigh

But it's not finished lace until it's blocked. So, here goes.











I think it will be gorgeous.

4 comments:

Silver said...

It looks gorgeous already. :D Congrats on winning the battle. ;) (Came on over from your Rav post, BTW!)

DragonsChest said...

Thank you!! Yes, I feel quite chuffed with myself for actually finishing it. I felt it this morning and it's drying nicely.

Melissa said...

It may be a pain but the blocking *totally* makes a lace project. How gorgeous!

DragonsChest said...

You're completely right -- blocking makes the project. Thank you for the compliment!