Wednesday, October 6, 2010

KnitPicks bonanza and more

I took today off work to spend a little quality time with 80's music videos on tv, a napping kitty on the blanket next to me, and my knitting. I knitted a swatch for the neck gaiter and proceeded to cast on with size 7 circs for magic loop.

It's going to be such a soft squishy piece.

Then came my order from KnitPicks! I didn't expect it today, while I was home, but it arrived a day early. Look at all this loot!


(top-bottom) Simply Cotton Worsted in Duchess Heather, the picture is more blueberryish when the real color has more plum in it; Stroll Tonal Fingering in Blue Violet, which also should be more purpley; and Cattail Heather Shadow, the only one of the bunch to photograph properly, lol. Also splurged on a set of harmony wooden dpns in size 1.

Last are the pics I promised you of the yarn for my son's socks, as part of his Christmas.


Scrumptious yarn from Fearless Fibers, in superwash sportweight merino wool, Marrakesh colorway. I'm going to use Anne Hanson's sock pattern called Roger, because my son's name is Roger. How cool is that?! :)

No comments: