Sunday, January 13, 2008

Initial blocking complete

While right now she's blocked out in all her glory, at this time tomorrow night you'll find her being seamed at the shoulders, and getting ready to have her final boarder around the front and back neckline knitted up.

I'm using stiff floral wire for blocking. Size is approximately 42" wide x 25" long.

Neat, huh?


I think the Indian Cross Stitch will drape beautifully once she's dry and finished. (why is it that the same yarn can photograph with such wildly different colors, when captured on the same camera at the same settings? So curious! This post's color is more realistic than the previous post's. Oh well.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is really pretty!! Can't wait to see it all put together.
Stacy

CraftyGryphon said...

Stiff floral wire. That's a great idea! I'm going to (hopefully) have some lace shawls that need blocking over the next couple of months, and I was wondering what sort of non-rusting wire I could easily get my paws on.

CannyCat said...

I'm amazed at what difference blocking makes to the lacey pattern. I am so lazy that I have yet to try blocking anything (tut tut cannycat!)

It really is gorgeous, I love the colour you chose.