Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mmmmm, needles



Just look what the postman brought me! My KnitPicks Harmony needles in size 11. Aren't they pretty? So smooth, shiny, pointy, and drool worthy. I like that the shine isn't blinding, but glowing. I cast on for the Cinnabar Pullover yesterday and it's about an inch along now.



Since the front and back are knit likewise up to the armhole shaping, I've taken this opportunity to knit both at the same time. The sleeves will probably get the same treatement.

I'm pretty excited about another area of my life right now. Hubby and I have begun the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover program. (I did buy the book, but you can also check it out of the library.) For anyone not knowing what this is all about: we are taking control of our finances, attacking and deleting our debt, and preparing for our financial future. It will be grand to be the ones using our money, instead of being used by it and being owned by debt.

2 comments:

CraftyGryphon said...

Good luck with the Money Makeover! We're doing the same thing, slightly modified.

If I'd gotten such pretty needles, I totally would've had to start something immediately, too!

DragonsChest said...

Thank you! TTMMO will be difficult, but so worth it.

I've gotten about 1.5 inches completed on the pullover now. I love the linen stitch, even if it is a little fiddly.